Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Project Manager coordinates public landscape management projects for PHS. Delivers horticultural services through on site management of contractors, small scale design and technical assistance.
• Oversees projects and contracts for landscape management efforts. Assures contracts are fulfilled within cost and timeframe budgets, quality standards and specifications.
• Oversees and assists group of 3-5 zone gardeners by creating work schedules and task lists related to the project. Supports gardeners by procuring tools, equipment, and materials as needed.
• Prepares site analysis, designs, cost estimates, drawings and specifications for landscape renovation projects.
• Meets regularly with landscape contractors to assure all aspects of installation and maintenance are carried out under the Public Landscapes management specifications
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with partners, consultants, contractors, vendors and gardeners to assure project goals are realized.
• Meets or exceeds existing clients’ or partners’ expectations by soliciting and translating their needs into appropriate project results.
• Coordinates project administration and documentation by producing clear, accurate and informative meeting agendas and minutes: findings and reports, follow-up plans, and project evaluations.
• Provides technical assistance, related to urban horticulture and landscape design, construction and organic maintenance, to advocate for responsible and successful techniques and approaches.
• Oversees volunteer plantings and maintenance workdays at public landscapes project sites
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture or horticulture
• Three to five years’ experience in a design/build landscape architectural firm, or similar experience in the private sector
• Basic proficiency in site analysis, design and grading detailing
• Advanced knowledge of landscape architectural practices and concepts
• Experience with plant orders and specifications
• Arboriculture experience or ISA certification
• Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines and budgets
• Landscape design, construction and maintenance supervision skills
• Knowledge of power equipment & hand tools
• Ability to operate a truck and a variety of trailers safely
• Graphic skills and ability to produce small scale design packages
• Ability to communicate verbally and graphically to diverse populations
• Good team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Valid Driver’s License
• Pesticide Applicator license a plus, not required
• Passion for public horticulture
• Client relations skills/correspondence experience
• Solid decision-making ability
• Independent and collaborative work style
• Proactive problem solving skills
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to influence and negotiate
• Ability to identify problems, articulate possible solutions and compromise
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Flexibility to accommodate seasonal work schedule based on demand
• Expanded hours as needed during the Flower Show.
• Occasional work days with longer hours.
• Occasional evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to endure extended periods of walking and/or standing.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
PHS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
PHS is an equal opportunity employer